Monday, December 6, 2010

Time Travel

         I have been thinking for a very long time about how it can be to go back in time and change what is wrong; how you can see all the beautiful memories again and again without anybody telling you to stop; how you can remember all the times when you were happy, sad, lonely or loved again and again in a second.
What would it be like, if such a Time Machine would exist.
One day, I was sitting alone in my garden watching the sky and the sun coming down through the branches and I was thinking about all these things. Suddenly, I felt like I wanted to play the piano. I was home alone so I took the liberty of playing my mother’s piano for a bit. I played my favorite song from childhood Comptine d’un autre été – l’apres midi by Yann Tierson. I never knew what I liked about that song, but I heard my mother playing it so many times and I was always near her to listen to it. It reminded me somehow of my life, of my passions, of my way of living. This was the only song I knew how to play perfectly because it was the only one that reached my heart and soul.
I started to play it and as I was concentrating, the world around me started to change. I was still playing the song, when I saw that I was now in the middle of a living room where I could see a big Christmas tree, decorated with lots of colored globes and with a sparkling star on top of it. Near it I could see a little girl, with brown hair, big brown eyes and with the most beautiful smile I have ever seen that was looking at a white teddy bear she just received. When she touched the teddy bear’s paw, it started to sing and she was a bit shocked. But she started to laugh again and to look at her parents with so much happiness in her eyes that anyone would have smiled just by looking at her.
I closed my eyes and continued playing the piano. When I opened them I found myself in a classroom full of little children. Somewhere in the back, on a little chair, I saw again the little girl with brown hair from before, only this time I could see that she was a bit scared and she didn’t have the same smile on her face. When her mother wanted to leave her there with the teacher and the other children she started to cry and ran towards her mother saying that she doesn’t want to be left alone. Her mother calmed her and than left, leaving the poor little girl in an unknown world.
I continued playing and the background changed again. I was now in a small room, and I could see the girl, that was now older, staying on a couch. Near her it was a calendar on which it was marked near the date 15th October: My birthday. She was staying alone, crying, thinking that everybody forgot about her birthday. The clock on the wall showed 8 o’clock p.m. when her mother finally returned home and said that she was very sorry about being late. The girl said nothing, but looked at her with sad eyes. Her mother showed her some presents she had bought that day saying that she was sorry for not giving them to her earlier. On the girl’s face appeared the same extraordinary smile that she had when she was young. A smile that showed true happiness.
A tear went down my cheek while I was seeing this scene. Want to know why? Because all those events were actually my memories from when I was young. The little girl I saw was actually me in the past. Until then, I never knew I had such a smile. I haven’t seen it in a while because I have grown up and thought about other things. But when I was little and I had no worries that smile showed my true feelings. I was happy. I never thought I would ever see that smile again. But that day, that hour, that song I was playing reminded me of the past, of how I used to be. On that day I found out that there are not important the years in your life, but the life in your years.
And you want to know what else I found out? I also found out that you don’t need a time machine to go back in time. You only need to be yourself and to remember all those days using your heart. And a song might also help you sometimes.
A person of success is a person that can make a strong foundation with the bricks that others throw at him. I believe in this; and I found the true meaning of time travelling. You can find it too if you truly want to.
My name is Alexandra, and I wanted to tell you this touching story so you can remember the beautiful smile that you had when you were young and what you felt in those moments.
That is all for now.
An ending word?
Smile!


Just another opinion by me.

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! I wish I could play the piano. I can only play the radio.

    ReplyDelete